Monday, January 24, 2011

New Goats from New Mexico

My new babies are here!
Ordered from a goat farm in New Mexico.
One buckling.
One doe.
Both with BLUE EYES.
(I needed a new buck to mate with Jericho's daughters.)
They are simply gorgeous.
But after a harrowing day flying
more than halfway across the country,
they aren't really interested in me yet.
But the little doe was interested in the grain I brought her.

And the little buck was soon to follow.
I've been thinking of names.
They have to start with an "A".
(more on that later)
The consensus was "Amadeus" for the buck.
I liked "America" for the doe.
My children really didn't.
In fact, I heard one of them whisper, "I hate America.".
I couldn't help but giggle and say, "Watch your mouth!".
Although they did think it would be funny if she turned out to be bossy.
Then they could say, "Hey look at America beat up _____!"
So her name isn't decided for sure yet.
Stay tuned.....

No comments: