Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dinner Time

This is Biscuit taking his bottle.
(His absolute favorite thing to do.)
You may notice that he has been disbudded.
Brian and Ranae did that deed last weekend.
This way he won't ever get long, wicked horns that get caught in fences.
This way he has no sharp horns that hurt goats or people.
The good news is Biscuit has already forgotten about it.
~ ~ ~
All he thinks about now is milk.
More milk.
And more milk.
This is Believer.
He is Biscuit's big brother.
He's big not because he's older,
(he was born 4th, Biscuit was born 3rd)
but because he's BIGGER.
Believer has decided that milk bottles are good.
He seemed a little hungry one day and I offered him the leftovers.
That was all it took.
Now every time he sees me he looks up and waits for his turn.
~ ~ ~
And he doesn't mind waiting.
He says, I'll just be right here at your feet,
looking up into your eyes,
with a hopeful expression on my sweet face.
Any leftover milk for me?
Please.
And I always have some milk for Believer.
You better believe it.

No comments: