Saturday, October 29, 2011

Parent's Weekend and SNOW

I was so glad to visit my freshman Alex for Parent's Weekend.
Sarah was so glad to be there too.
And then it started snowing.
In October.
Record snowfall, to be exact.

In other words it wasn't normal.
The snow in October, that is.

And we had a grocery run and a Target stop on our list.
And I just had this one day to do it.
So I did what any other frantic Floridian would do,
when faced with these driving conditions.
I called an experienced winter driver.
My Ohio born and raised husband.


My frantic text went something like this.....
"Please give me the best advice for driving in the snow."
His reply:
"If you start to slide, take your foot OFF the brake
or you won't be able to steer."
Even though it sounded weird, I went with experience.


And we survived.

And got to throw snowballs in October:-)

No comments: