Saturday, March 17, 2012

Turtle in the Goat Stall


This morning Ranae came rushing back to the house
during her morning chores,
which always makes me nervous.
My mind goes haywire and I imagine the worst.
(And oh - do I have a good imagination.)
Immediately I think,
"Is there a wild animal about,
is one of the goats sick,
is there a chicken missing?"

But this time I was relieved.
Between pants of breath she said that there was a turtle in the stall,
"scarring the goats".
It came and went for a few days until I decided he might need
help finding his way to water.
So Ranae and I loaded him into our wheelbarrow.

We then took him to the back far reaches of our property.
Back where I know a little creek flows.

We placed him down and gave him the Spock send off.
"Live long and prosper turtle."
~ ~ ~
And don't scare any goats, if you can help it.

No comments: