Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Piano Performance Fundraiser









This year, once again, four of the kids performed beautiful Christmas piano music at the local Bell Tower outdoor mall. Now that's something you can't do up north in December! Then again, how would I know. Maybe people play the piano outdoors all the time up north in December. Maybe they play in snow up to their knees. Anyway, it was a cool, comfortable, sunny day and an enjoyable morning. But I couldn't help saying to myself that it would be the last time I would see Matthew perform Christmas music at this event since he will be at college this time next year. (Wince.) Well, I just wiped that tear away and enjoyed the morning despite my wandering mind. I also reminded myself that next year Sarah might be perform-ing. (Smile.) That just goes to show ya, sometimes wandering minds can be of help too.

After the performance we headed home to host our 4-H Christmas party where we ate lunch together, built bird houses and exchanged Christmas presents. It was a busy, wonderful day filled with lots of smiles and joy.

No comments: