Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Twas the day before Christmas








'Twas the day before Christmas,
when out on the porch...
Long about the middle of Christmas Eve while I was baking and cleaning and washing and cooking and folding and shining; I realized I hadn't heard from Sarah in a while. I soon found her on the porch up on the swing lazily pushing herself back and forth..... back and forth..... back and forth. (Notice she was wearing my flip-flops.) I thought she looked so happy and calm that I took some time to sit with her and enjoy the beautiful day. Then I went back inside to frost and decorate these wonderful muffins to look like ornaments for our Christmas breakfast. And later that night Brian and I were up half the night putting tags and bows on presents and getting them all under the tree. I just love everything about Christmas. Even the cleaning and washing.
But especially, sitting on the porch swinging back and forth..... back and forth..... back and forth.



No comments: