Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ranae Running


Ranae is a runner.
She was like this even way back in preschool.
When she was three her teacher said to me,
"Ranae sure does get her money's worth on the playground!"
She was the fastest girl in 4th grade, and third fastest in 5th grade.
So naturally when we found out about the Cross Country team in middle school.....
We were all over that.
Now, after three boys,
you would think I would have had experience with Cross Country before.
But no, this is my first time.
So I'm clueless.
After the first meet (Invitational),
which I think means everybody's invited,
from your district, that is,
this is what I have learned:
1. Most middle school kids in the middle of a 2 mile run
can still talk.
They can wave and smile, and say, "Hello"
and generally look happy.
2. Parents cheer and yell and shout encouragement
and the kids don't seem embarrassed.
3. And even when they are nearing the end of the race,
(generally 2 miles UNDER 20 minutes)
they still SPRINT to the finish line.
4. And no one throws up after that.
I am in awe of my daughter.
And I will not tell her yet that I couldn't catch her if I tried.

No comments: