Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just how much can you pack in one weekend?


Our Christmas piano recital was first on the list.
It was Sarah's first piano performance ever.
She played "Jingle Bells" without a hitch.
I have loved watching all my children learn to play the piano.
I always tell them, "Music is an international language!"
But I especially love it when their little legs don't even reach the pedals.
It just looks so sweet.


Ranae did a great job playing "Silent Night".
Her piano skills are amazing.
I keep thinking I should try and catch up.

Then we had to get Sarah's hair in curlers to perform in the Nutcracker.
She was in the party scene and was required to have her hair in curls.

Ta-Da!
It worked....for a little while.

But at the end of the matinee performance
we needed the curlers again, for the evening performance.

And for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening,
at two different churches,
we were asked to bring our goats
for a live nativity open to the public.

Kevin was willing to stay and play shepherd.
So, we loaded up our goats and went back in time
to the birth of our Savior.

I decided against taking my pregnant goats.
And of course, I couldn't bring the males.
(Or I would have a lot more pregnant goats.)

So I settled on six good goats that get along.
Thank goodness.

The weather was fine and we had a little time
to walk through the scenes and read the bible story.

They even had a Baby Jesus!
He was a wonderful actor.
Just like the song, "No crying he made".

They also had Alpacas.
And I left thinking of my Savior Jesus.
And repeating to myself,
"I don't need an Alpaca,
I don't need an Alpaca."


No comments: