Friday, June 1, 2012

Enchanted Rock

In the Texas Hill Country there is an Enchanted Rock.
It is a state park and beautiful to see.
But we didn't come just to look at it.
We wanted to climb it.
I was so happy that my mom was able to make the climb with us.
I love her so.

We chose the Summit Trail which climbs 425 feet.
From this view it might look daunting.

But it took us only about a half hour to reach the top.

Climbing was fun.
In typical fashion, the boys wandered off the trail.
So their climb was much longer.
But they still stayed ahead of me.

Many boulders looked like they might be ready to roll downhill.

I was just hoping we didn't meet any rattlesnakes.

Along the way were wildflowers blooming between the rocks.

I just love wildflowers that bloom between the rocks.

As we climbed higher the view was outstanding.
You could see for miles.
We talked about how your perspective is so different from up high.
And we talked about how different God's perspective is.
How He sees so much more than we do.

At the top.
{My little brother did it in 22 minutes.}

And my daughters Sarah and Ranae were not far behind him.

Our family at the summit.
Standing L-R:  Aunt T, Mimi, Uncle David and Matthew
Sitting L-R:  Ranae, Alex, Sarah, Me and Kevin 
{Brian took the picture}

And this is what we were sitting on.
The surveyor's summit mark -
 declaring this spot the highest on Enchanted Rock.
Now all we have to do is climb down.
Without falling:)
~ ~ ~
..... to be continued .....

No comments: