Monday, February 11, 2013

Caterpillars Everywhere

My 4-H group is studying butterflies this year.
So, I thought it would be a good idea if we raised some.
Well.
Little did I know.
This was the container that the monarch caterpillars came in.
If you can't see any don't feel bad.
I'm here to tell you they were microscopic.

My job was to separate them into individual containers,
after I located them with a magnifying glass.
I really think a biology degree would have helped in this case.

The Painted Lady caterpillars proved to be easier.
That is another way of saying, BIGGER.
Easy to see with the naked eye, bigger.
So if you are thinking about growing butterflies this spring.
My advice is to stick to Painted Ladies.
Unless you have a serious magnifying glass and a biology degree.

No comments: