Friday, April 15, 2011

Little Dot Delivers


I suspected Little Dot was in early labor
on the evening of the 14th
while I fed the animals and did barn chores.
~ But I wasn't certain ~
Early the next morning, 5:30 AM, as usual,
I went out to feed the animals and checked on her first.
Now, as you can see, Little Dot is very hairy.
In fact, we gave her a trim before she delivered.
We just thought it would make it easier
for her babies to find milk.
So when I popped my head into her stall the first time
I didn't see her two bundles of joy laying on the hay behind her.

 Imagine my surprise when I came in the second time!
The first guy I saw was big and his little ears hadn't popped up yet.
We have named him BEAR.
He has a real layed back personality.

This little guy I saw next.
He is jet black like his mother and we named him BINGO.
Just like the song:
"There was a farmer had a goat and BINGO was his name-o".
.....or something like that.
Being born on April 15th is not so bad.
As long as you don't get a name like.........TAXES.

No comments: