Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring's Perfume


 Recently, I had over 50 children plus teachers and a few parents
walk over to the farm for a tour.
They pet baby goats, fed other goats, each gave the horse a carrot,
and learned about chickens from my friend Becky.
It was a beautiful  day and you could just smell spring.

The children were between 4 and 5 years old
and while waiting for them all to arrive
I passed around a cut-off branch from this vine
and asked the children to smell the flowers
and guess what the name of the plant was.
Without any hands raised
I decided to give them a few hints.
First I said, "It starts with a J".
And then I said, "And it is the name of a princess".
At that hint, a little 5 year old girl's eyes got really wide
and a smile exploded on her face
and she exclaimed, "JASMINE!". 
"Yes!", I said.
~ ~ ~
If you grow up in the south, you just gotta know this stuff.

No comments: