Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back on the Clock

My chickens are laying eggs right and left,
like there's no tomorrow.
Forget about all that molting that went on between
Thanksgiving and Christmas.
They are BACK ON THE CLOCK.
Here are my eight layers in all their glory.
Henny

Penny

Jenny
All three are Buff Orpingtons and they lay large brown eggs.

This is Matilda.

Henrietta

Lucy
These three are Americana hens and they lay blue or green eggs.

This is a Cuckoo Maran hen I named Geraldine
after one of my favorite authors, Geraldine Brooks.
(Geraldine just sounds like a chicken, doesn't it?)
She lays dark brown eggs.

Last, but not least, is my hen Souffle.
She is a polish breed and she gives us small, white eggs.
But besides that, she is just a hoot.

And this is a typical day's work for my ladies.
Can anyone say omelet!

No comments: