Sunday, April 14, 2013

Something got my chick:-(

It's ironic that I took this picture the day before.
Because the next morning Maple was gone.
In this picture Maple is on the right:(
When you grow up on a farm, like my children,
it's hard not to hate varmints like
raccoons, opossums, snakes, bobcats and others.
You learn real quick that those varmints eat meat.
And the animals we raise are.......well.......meat.
We also realize that our farm animals would not last very long
or do very well without our daily care,
but it still hurts when our protection is breached and they become part of the food chain.......the bottom of the food chain.
Our children learn that we do our best to keep our animals safe.
I also remind my children that some animals are meat eaters.
God designed them to eat meat.
It's our job to make it next to impossible for them to eat here.
Nuff said.

No comments: