Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Hair-Raising Hike

We decided to go on a family hike to Observation Point.


It started out quite lovely.

Until I started thinking about bears.

And then I began to fret when I couldn't see all my children on the trail.

We at last came upon this view.
Gorgeous.
That's Yellowstone Inn on the left,
and Old Faithful in the center.

Then shockingly I came upon
this bear print in the mud!

From then on I began singing loudly
and counting my children.
1-2-3-4-5
1-2-3-4-5

Kevin thought it might be fun to run up the trail
and jump out at us.
Not fun.  To me.
Is that a bear cave you are hiding in?

When they would get too far ahead I would worry.

And when I couldn't see them at all I would wonder.....
and worry.

I was oh so thankful to see these doors and count my children.
1-2-3-4-5
Whew.
And my husband and I make seven.
Another Whew.
All accounted for.
I had bears on the brain so much  
that when I passed "Bear Proof"trashcans near the Inn
 I thought.....
"Well if a bear comes charging at us right now
I can at least get Sarah into one of those."
~ ~ ~
After all kiddos,  this isn't Disney World.
And we're not in Florida anymore.

No comments: